Medical Billing Specialist
W Carrollton, OH 45439 US
Our long term client is an immediate need of a Billing Specialist.
Hours: 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday
1. Assemble charts from previous day verifying all patients’ charts have been acquired for billing
2. Find missing charts.
3. Print and copy Op Reports for surgeon’s offices.
4. Scan and attach billing items not in SIS Complete
1. Verify insurance is current
2. Estimate out-of-pocket ded/copay/coinsurance per insurance contracts
3. Call patient with ded/copay/coinsurance amount
4. Make sure authorizations are obtained prior to date of surgery
5. “Notifies the Plan” as required by insurance company via internet, fax, etc.
1. Receives daily sheet with monies and credit card receipts attached.
a. Prepares deposit slips for bank.
b. Go to the bank once a week and end of month.
c. Copies checks to be matched with patient information for posting.
2. Takes credit card payments via phone and front desk walk-ins.
a. Sends receipt in mail for payment via phone
3. Reconcile receipts books once used at front desk with information in SIS
4. Insurance Follow-up:
a. Checks status of claims not paid every 2 weeks from Aging Report
5. Investigates all rejections, follows up with appeals, rebills rejected claim is correct information obtained from insurance remits.
6. Prints statements daily, giving “see attached ledger” copy to Office Manager for collection review.
7. Assists in entering collection information on internet as needed.
8. Answers all incoming billing questions from patients, insurance companies, doctors’ offices, etc.
9. Handles self-pay patient arrangements including anesthesia charge and writes up Good Faith Estimates.
10. Pulls paperwork and assists with refund information to patients/insurance company.
11. Scan AR after accountant has audited the previous months AR.
12. Helps Administrator and Office manager with special projects if needed
- Microsoft Excel: 2 years (Required)
- Accounts receivable: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical billing: 1 year (Required)
- PLEASE SUBMIT A RESUME WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Personnel Coordinator
Adela’s previous experiences as a social worker and restaurant manager have given her the perfect skill sets for recruiting. Adela has been providing excellent customer service to clients and employees alike since 2012.